Friday, September 11, 2009

HATE IT!



I have been quite vocal about the Croc in the past and while I remain steadfast in my distain of seeing grown men (or women) wear shoes only a toddler looks cute in, I have spotted another abomination in footwear crimes...

Introducing the Vibram FiveFingers, without doubt the ugliest specimens of modern footwear technology. Having not seen anything so lame since the launch of the toe-sock in the 80’s I was astonished to see a personal trainer I know wearing these cosmetically ridiculous adornments at my local coffee stop.

I completely adhere to the notion of the human foot being an anatomical marvel jam-packed with bones, joints, muscles, sensory receptors, tendons and ligaments, but I am reticent that these ‘shoes’ can be successfully morphed into streetwear.

Like the Crocs and Masseur Sandals people, please, for the sake of your own self respect – keep these for around the house if you must own a pair.

______________________________________________________
Follow Tracey on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/traceygillinder
or read Tracey's columns @ http://www.babesinbusiness.com

No comments: