Thursday, April 28, 2011

A LITTLE GLAMOUR-CATION


This super-long weekend we opted to check out of our usually glamorous life and get back to basics.

We’d been working our butts off in preparation for an overseas trip at the end of May and after a lot of long working days and nights (and what seemed like a never-ending stream of parties and events) we thought it best to split our long weekend in two; spending some time relaxing at home and the other half at my parent’s gloriously quiet and serene seaside escape.

What I loved most about this long weekend was allowing Chic to take a back seat and just enjoy the simple things in life. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not advocating throwing in the towel and living like some kind of surfing hippy, I am merely a new found believer in having a glamour-cation.

For the record, there was no abandonment of style. It is true that I may have worn a pair of Louis Vuitton wedges and matching fedora to the Power Boat Club, I did say ‘basics’ not outmoded.

Hilariously the most unbelievable thing I could have reported doing this weekend was fishing. Granted, I’m not fisher-folk and don’t see myself becoming passionately embraced in the past-time but my darling man wanted to revive his love of fishing so I indulged him.

A picture of my engaging is such a past-time uploaded onto Facebook attracted riotous feedback from friends, with the most entertaining being ‘Who are you?’

The answer my friends is, the same person I was last week, just having a little glamour-cation, something I’m now an activist for a little more than before. In the infamous words of Oprah Winfrey, “I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes.”

Enough reflection, I have a dinner party to prepare for back in my reality.


Bookmark and Share

______________________________________________________
Follow Tracey on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/traceygillinder
or read Tracey's columns @ http://www.babesinbusiness.com
or join the Shoe Addict Facebook Fan Page here for updates

No comments: