Friday, June 24, 2011

A NEW RESPECT FOR ARETHA


I have a whole new respect for singing legend Aretha Franklin.

The Queen of soul is recovery after falling over a Jimmy Choo spiked heel in a hotel room and breaking her toe.

Apparently 69-year-old Franklin did not obtain medical treatment initially, but after the pain persisted she made the dash to Community North Hospital in Indianapolis a few days later, where she learned from an X-ray that she had a fracture.

"It hurt like heck for a minute, but seemed to subside,” Franklin said in a statement. I'm so grateful it wasn't my right piano peddle foot, I have a gig on July 27 at the Jones Beach Theatre in New York!"

Now the woman who gave us all a lot more R.E.S.P.E.C.T. is heavily strapped up but finding humour in her injury.

She joked: "How am I supposed to match my new Marc Jacobs gown with this wooden blue hospital shoe?"

The dangers of a killer heel.


(Image Credit: Splash / Daily Mail)

Bookmark and Share

______________________________________________________
Follow Tracey on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/traceygillinder
or read Tracey's columns @ http://www.babesinbusiness.com

No comments: