Saturday, March 06, 2010

WHAT A DOLL













It seems women never grow out of Barbie, & if they did, Christian Louboutin sorted that right out!

Undoubtedly a master of fabulous footwear, Louboutin has collaborated with Barbie to craft a Chic line of limited edition dolls.

Following the Über success of Cat-Burglar Barbie comes the 2nd installment in the collectors set, the Dolly Forever Barbie, available from this week @ Net-A-Porter.

She takes inspiration from Spring Summer 2010’s military enthused collections in her khaki tunic & dons a magnificent pair of fuchsia fringed boots. As an added bonus she comes with pink retro sunglasses & three additional miniature pairs of signature red-soled shoes.

Net-A-Porter says, “Dolly Forever Barbie arrives complete with everything she needs to stylishly navigate the urban jungle.”

Love it. However, I am wondering how she will ‘navigate’ little Miss 6 playing mermaids with her in the bath…? While I adore the concept, I’m not sure I could part with 100 pounds for my Louboutin Dolly Forever Barbie to end up in the aftershock of this dishevelment.

If you’re not quite ready to invest in the exclusive red slicked soles to adorn your own feet, perhaps this is the way to go?

Being a minimalist in the abode, I’m also unsure as to what I would do with them post procurement. Unlike my mother, who is a maximist, displaying every single trinket she’s acquired in her rich life – I don’t really operate in this manner. Maybe this is a purchase I can resist…?

Who the heck am I kidding? What the hell else am I going to do with that white floating Ikea shelf sitting in the useless broom-cupboard yet to be installed…

Bookmark and Share

______________________________________________________
Follow Tracey on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/traceygillinder
or read Tracey's columns @ http://www.babesinbusiness.com

No comments: