Monday, October 08, 2012

Celebrating 50 years with sassy new havaianas

 
I don’t know why it happens but it so often does... One week at the beach house with two brand new pairs of Havaianas procured (after much deliberation on design of choice I might add) and this media release hits my inbox the first day I step off the sand and back behind my desk.

Sassy designers Heidi Middleton and Sarah-Jane Clarke have partnered with Havaianas Australia to introduce a limited edition sass & bide x Havaianas style, “Brazil Brazil” available from this month (October 2012).

As much as I adore my new Swarovski Crystal Havaianas, I absolutely would have bought these (although it's likely it would have meant I had three new pairs instead of two).

The design duo has transformed the much loved summer footwear favourite with their eclectic use of combining print and embellishment to create a unique take on the Aussie summer staple. The slim style, “Brazil Brazil” features a monochromatic cheetah print, adorned with the iconic sass & bide gold star charm; a symbol of Sarah-Jane and Heidi’s enduring friendship and love.

Sarah-Jane Clarke commented on the collaboration saying; “Brazilians and Australians share a love of all things summer, that’s why we felt the partnership was a beautiful match. We’re excited to start the summer with Havaianas.”

The release of the limited edition footwear coincides with Havaianas global 50th anniversary in 2012.

Sass & bide x Havaianas“Brazil Brazil” RRP $49.95 are available from Havaianas online, all sass & bide boutiques nationally and the sass & bide online store.

Sold.  Looks like I'm racking up three in a week. Love!

Watch the short film celebrating the partnership:
 



Bookmark and Share

No comments: