Monday, February 08, 2010

CONNOLLY UNLIKELY SHOE ADDICT


Unlikely shoe addict, comedian Billy Connolly, has proclaimed he is so into his shoes he owns more than 100 pairs and misses them when he’s on holiday.

“I miss my shoes when I’m away because shoes are one of those things you don’t take many away with you. They’re cumbersome and heavy, so maybe you’ll take two pairs of shoes and sneakers and some sandals. But when I’m away I think, ‘I’ve got lots of shoes.’”

Billy is so hooked on footwear he even gets misty-eyed over one pair – despite losing them two decades ago.

He said: “They were patent leather brogues with a leopard skin bit and they were to die for.

“The leather was an oily, sort of change-colour thing, it was fabric and fur and regarded as pretty bad taste by most people. “I adored them but someone stole them from my house when there was a party. That must have been 20 years ago and I still think about them.”

The comic even has a joke about shoes in his routine.“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!”

You've got to admire his dedication.

Bookmark and Share

______________________________________________________
Follow Tracey on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/traceygillinder
or read Tracey's columns @ http://www.babesinbusiness.com

No comments: